Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Faves 09/04/09

This one is going to be all about watching tv online. I'm gonna share with you the five shows I'm watching now. Five shows may not be unusual to you, but we haven't had any form of "tv" in over a year now and only watch stuff online which is great when you take online classes and just generally gives you more time for more crafty/ home /eachother time.

1. Defying Gravity...this is an ABC show. You can catch the first six episodes on hulu right now and let me tell you, have some tissues ready. Little sci-fi, big on relationships. Stars Ron Livingston (you may remember him from Office Space, and I don't wanna give too much away here). Looks like it's going to be one HECK of a show!!

2. True Blood...this is and HBO show. You can watch it from here and well, this second season hasn't really been as good as the first in my opinion. The books this series is based on are a quick and easy read. I HIGHLY reccommend them...shouldn't take you more than a week (that's how long it took me to read all nine). I am still liking it, but just not as much as the first...they have one more season to redeem themselves to me but I am reccommending them anyway.(I just love vampires).

3. The Colony...as I was just reminded by DH I haven't watched the current one yet...but I have the weekend for this. It's by the discovery channel and can be linked to from hulu. The premise is people that have "survived" some horrible destruction of civilization...real people who are in an abandoned city type situation (Mad Max comes to mind, but I've never seen more than the TBS ads for this movie) but these are real people...smart people who make stuff to "survive".

4. Mary Tyler Moore...I LOVE this show and am SO GLAD that hulu lets me watch it again!

5. The Dick Van Dyke Show... I love picking out Jerry Paris' laughs...

Hope you enjoyed...Gonna try to post some scrappy stuff before the weekend's out. I think I finally figured out Picasa.

3 comments:

  1. I heard that Defying Gravity was really good..I need to check that out! I find myself watching Andy Griffith alot!! Such simple times!!
    Hope you have time to scrap this weekend!!
    Joanie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right about True Blood's second season not being as good as the first. In fact, the last episode sent a large CLUNK resonating throughout the house. Still, I can't wait to see tomorrow's episode!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have cable so I watch TV online too! I just got the first 3 Sookie books and can't wait to read them! I love True Blood. I don't want to wait for next season to continue on with the story!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)