Thursday, December 10, 2009

Holiday Happies.

...(lots of private emotional things that just never would come out right so pretend there are actually lots of words here...) Thanks for listening :). Anyway I have been working REALLY REALLY hard to make something especially nice for Nana and usually when I try to work on something for the in-law side of the family, I get so nervous that they won't like it, it won't be good enough...blah blah blah...

I made something I am SO proud of!!!

Here it is. A chipboard purse by Maya Road that was gifted to me by my very first Fiskateer Secret sister...all dolled up with a few other things but mostly Making Memories Vintage findings...Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint and Glimmer Mist!


The outside paper I got in a grab bag from Eclectica I also got my Vintage Findings paper and embellishment packs there...The letter "ribbon" is from the School Collection...the rickrack and ribbons are from my stash and there is distressing on the edges and the lace with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. The top paper also has peeled paint Stickles painted over it.


This flower on top started live as a pair of DH's old black jeans. I salvaged them for my scrap pile :). The alternate pages are from an old dictionary that I got at a thrift store here and they are hosed down with Olive Glimmer Mist and then the edges are kissed with Copper Perfect Pearls


The original thought was that the book would be held closed by those awesome Basic Grey Magnets, but it won't stay closed with just those so I took some stretchy brown ribbon and made a little garter to hold it shut. It stands up by itself just fine.

The title page...all photos are of Nana and Papa's Great Grandchildren :).


The boys are the oldest, so they get the first pages. By themselves and then together.










1 comment:

  1. That rocks! simply absolutely gorgeous. They are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)