Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chick Flicks!

So I have a few standard Chick Flicks I throw in when I need a good cry... or just need to, I don't know, watch a chick flick. In no particular order they are:

Fried Green Tomatoes

Dirty Dancing

Steele Magnolias

I guess on some level I think they help me reach some emotional place I need to be at, but have trouble accessing any other way sometimes. Today I am adding a new movie to my list.

The Help

I have had it on my list to see for awhile, but I went to a housewarming party last night and  the house didn't have cable, so my friend had The Help playing...

This morning I rented it from iTunes as soon as I woke up and I just finished watching. It made me sob out loud, which is one of my requirements for a great Chick Flick. And it made me cry for this reason. It showed a girl's mom becoming proud of her daughter for who she is, and not who the mom wanted her to be. And also it shows how people who are non-blood related can become so important in your life.

There are a lot of other lessons in this movie, and a lot of truth about the "old-school" South. These are all important, but I think everyone who watches this movie will take something different away from it.

 I feel like my explanations are too trivial, but I so want to encourage everyone to watch!

Hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)