Thursday, July 17, 2014

Little Moments... and using photo stacks to pack on the photos!

Photo Stacks are an idea I heard about on a video by Heidi Swapp on her show at My Craft Channel. I have used these on other layouts, but it's been a while. I really like to use these for older photos where maybe the photos aren't awesome and I don't want to feature them in a divided protector, because well... maybe there is a photo or two that I'd rather not have jump out at me when I flip through. Ok, all that being said, here is my layout and it is the first layout I've made this month with my Clique Kits July kit!










I believe these photos are the LAST photos I made with a non-digi camera. I forgot my camera the day we went to Graceland, and only these few photos turned out... I think there were 24 on the roll, but the rest weren't even worth keeping after I printed them. If you notice I didn't worry about anything on the backs of the flips, you could decorate them, but I don't think anyone who is looking through my album will even notice. That triangle 3x4 is a Clique Kits exclusive that I printed on Vellum and I love how it turned out!

There is a lot of white space, but I like it, and I love the  colors of this kit with these older photos. I added in some stickers from the June kit and my fauxnamel dots that are made from Perler Beads that I learned to make in the Summer School class. Also from my stash is the gray washi which is several years old and from My Mind's eye and the viewmaster plastic piece is from the Basic Grey Capture collection. I used the other half last year I think... I also added some tags from my misc scrappy stuff basket and the washi that was used on my kit packaging.

As for storing this in a page protector, I will put this page in a regular protector then carefully use scissors to cut out a slit where the photo stack is, then I will push the stack through the protector so I can flip them up inside the album without taking the page out of the protector. Let me know if that is clear as mud and I can make a video to show you what I'm trying to explain. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. This is such a great post Charity- I love the photo stacks idea. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)