Friday, September 19, 2014

Critters Galore Lawnscaping Challenge #90... take 1

I love Lawn Fawn and I've been in a bit of a creative slump... I have a BIG project that I've started but I got stuck and haven't gotten to share it with you (if you follow me on IG then you have seen some sneakiness of this beachy project). But I've been sitting around staring at supplies, I did get an AWESOME layout finished that I'll be sharing on Wednesday the 24th for the monthly Pep Rally with Clique Kits but for today... I'm playing along with the current LAWNSCAPING CHALLENGE!
This week's challenge is all about critters, or images that work as critters!




Rosh Hashanah is almost upon us and I wanted to make a cute card to send to some friends... and what is better for a New Year's card than a yeti?... NOTHING



I stamped out my Yeti image Yeti, Set Go and colored my images with just a cheapie set of watercolors that I picked up at Michaels months ago. I have been watching tons of videos by Jen McGuire making lovely starry interstellar backgrounds lately and wanted to try making one with these same watercolors, I think it turned out great. The stars are both splatters of white watercolor and splatters of Perfect Pearl mist. The banner is from Home Sweet Home and I had to creatively mask and extend the banner from the set to fit my sentiment. The pink watercolor makes the greeting a little tiny bit dull looking, but I think it looks ok. I could always go over the greeting again... or I could have stamped it after painting the paper. I used the same pink watercolor to color the paper I punched for my border. The sentiment is stamped with Smitty's ABC's which is my favorite all time alpha from Lawn Fawn!




1 comment:

  1. SoFun! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping -again ! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)